There were a lot of great comments on the “Best of Clean Eating” book for Valentine’s giveaway . One comment from Leah requested recipes that can be done on a budget. Well you’ve asked, and I have the answer. I was soooo hungry on Monday when I got home from a very busy day and just wanted to eat something light. I had the ingredients in the fridge and quickly put together a veggie shrimp salad. The ingredients are easy to find and do not cost that much. So Leah here it is.
For the Quinoa Shrimp salad you will need:
- 1 small zucchini cut in half-moon shape
- 4 ounces of cucumber cut in half-moon shape
- 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa ( You can also substitute the quinoa with cooked brown rice)
- 4 ounces of pre-cooked shrimp (you can find in any grocery store in the frozen section)
- 1 small tomato cut
- 3 ounces of diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp of fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Step 1: Start by boiling 1/4 cup of water and steam the zucchini in there for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Transfer all the veggies into a salad bowl and top it with the shrimp and quinoa. Add the fat-free dressing of your choice and
Enjoy and spread the love…